Rideshare Accident Attorney in Jacksonville501 Riverside Ave, Suite 1200
Jacksonville, FL 32202
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Jacksonville Rideshare Accident Attorney
Morgan and Morgan is the go-to injury firm for individuals just like you who were involved in a rideshare accident in Jacksonville, Florida, and all over the nation. If you believe someone was responsible for the serious injuries or losses you suffered, it's time to fight for the compensation you may be entitled to. We've represented more than 500,000 families nationwide and won over $20 billion in settlements and verdicts. Contact us today.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
How Does Liability Play Out in Rideshare Accident Cases?
When it comes to rideshare accidents in Jacksonville, the question of who's at fault can be a bit confusing. Typically, it depends on what the rideshare driver was doing at the time of the accident.
If they were actively working—think along the lines of ferrying a passenger or en route to pick someone up—the rideshare company's insurance usually steps in. But, if the driver was off-duty or just cruising around waiting for a ride request, things can get a little bit more complicated when determining liability. That's where a rideshare accident attorney from Morgan and Morgan steps in to help figure out who's responsible and ensure victims get the compensation they deserve.
Understanding the Role of a Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Think of your attorney as someone who genuinely wants you to obtain compensation for your injuries and losses. Unlike the other party, who only cares about protecting their best interests, such as profits, when dealing with the insurance company, your lawyer only gets paid if you win. This motivates them to fight harder to reach a favorable settlement or verdict. Generally, the attorney can:
- Investigate your case to determine whether it is valid
- Identify whoever might have owed you compensation
- Assess your damages and put a dollar value on them
- File a claim with the responsible party
- Negotiate a reasonable settlement or go to court if necessary
Available Damages in Rideshare Accident Cases
If involved in a rideshare accident, the kind of damages you could be entitled to will depend on the particularities of your case. Florida's no-fault laws will also kick in. Under your PIP insurance, you may recover damages like:
- Medical expenses (doctor visits, surgeries, X-rays, dental work, rehabilitation)
- Lost wages (income lost due to the inability to work post-accident)
- Replacement services (costs for services you can't perform due to your injuries, like housekeeping)
- Death benefits (funeral and burial expenses in case of a fatal accident)
Assuming you've met the state's serious injury threshold, you might be able to step out of the no-fault system. In that case, you may recover the following damages:
- Bodily injury liability (costs for injuries to others if you're at fault)
- Property damage liability (expenses for damage to others' property)
- Non-economic damages (pain and suffering, emotional distress, post-traumatic stress disorder, and more)
- Punitive damages (awarded in cases of gross negligence or intentional misconduct)
Contact Morgan and Morgan
Don't handle a rideshare accident case on your own. Things can get very complicated down the road. The legal representation you need may be a free case evaluation away. Contact us today to get started.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews