Truck Accident Attorney in Stockton
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Truck Accident Attorney in Stockton
Truck accident cases are some of the most difficult to handle, especially without legal representation. On one hand, you have your injuries and losses to worry about. On the other hand, you have insurance companies that don't really care about how injured you are or the magnitude of your loss.
The good news is that you're not alone in this struggle. A Stockton truck accident lawyer from Morgan and Morgan is the one person you need to take care of the legal aspects of your case, including facing the other party on your behalf, as you focus on healing. We've handled many similar cases before and won multimillion settlements and verdicts for the injured, most recently $26 million for a man injured in a truck crash and $4.4 million for a woman whose pre-trial offer was only $100,000.
You, too, could be eligible for compensation. To learn more, contact us for a free case evaluation.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
Can I File a Claim If I Was the Truck Driver?
Yes, as a truck driver, you can file a truck accident claim if you believe another party's negligence contributed to the accident. This could include the negligence of other drivers, the company responsible for maintaining the truck, manufacturers of faulty truck parts, or entities responsible for road maintenance.
That said, you must prove that you were not solely at fault and that the other party's negligence directly caused the accident and your resulting injuries or losses. If you win, you may be able to recover compensation through different avenues, including filing a workers' compensation claim and a third-party lawsuit at the same time.
What Parties Can Be Liable for a Truck Accident?
Several parties can be liable in a truck accident. These include but are not limited to the following:
- The truck driver, for reasons like distracted driving or violation of traffic laws.
- The trucking company, especially if it failed to follow safety regulations or enforce proper driver training.
- Manufacturers of truck parts, if a mechanical failure caused by a defective part led to the accident.
- Cargo loading companies, if improperly loaded or secured cargo contributed to the accident.
- Maintenance companies or government agencies, if inadequate maintenance, played a role.
- Other motorists, if their actions contributed to the accident.
Do Truck Accidents Lead to Higher Settlements Than Standard Car Accidents?
In most cases, they do, and that's because the injuries and damages involved are usually more severe due to the size and weight of trucks. Additionally, trucking companies generally have larger insurance policies, which can result in higher compensation.
What Can I Do to Increase the Value of My Claim?
To increase the value of your claim, here's what you need to do:
- Collect and preserve evidence from the accident scene, including photos, witness statements, and police reports.
- Seek medical attention immediately and follow all treatment recommendations to document your injuries thoroughly.
- Keep detailed records of all expenses and losses related to the accident, including medical bills and lost income.
- Avoid discussing the case with insurance adjusters or accepting early settlement offers without consulting an attorney.
- Consider contacting a truck accident expert from Morgan and Morgan for a free case evaluation.
Get Your Free Case Review Today
You are one free case evaluation away from getting a truck accident expert's perspective on your case. That alone could set the foundation for your fight for compensation. It could also mean hiring an experienced Stockton truck accident lawyer from Morgan and Morgan to represent you.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews