- $13 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Pensacola Wrongful Death
Losing a family member is one of life’s most tragic occurrences, but the effect can be compounded by the realization that their death could have been avoided. At Morgan & Morgan, we understand the financial and emotional hardships that come with trying to make sense of a loved one’s death.
Few people in Florida want to consider legal action in the wake of a loved one’s death, but it may ultimately be necessary to ensure your family’s financial future.
Our wrongful death attorneys in Pensacola are here to help families torn apart by senseless tragedy consider their options and secure their future. Contact us today for a free case evaluation to learn more.
Who Can Sue for Wrongful Death in Florida
Florida’s Wrongful Death Act provides that all survivors of the deceased shall have a right to compensation following a death caused by negligence. This includes much of the immediate family, individuals relying on the deceased, and more, and can help you recover in this time of tragedy.
What Can Be Recovered in a Wrongful Death Case?
- Each survivor is entitled to the value of both past and future loss of support and services from the deceased, based on the deceased's probable net income and the life expectancy of the deceased and the survivor.
- The spouse is also entitled to compensation for loss of companionship and for mental pain and suffering.
- The parents of a minor child are entitled to compensation for mental pain and suffering.
- The parents of an adult child can receive compensation for mental pain and suffering if there are no other survivors.
- Any survivor who has paid medical or funeral expenses on behalf of the deceased may recover them.
- The estate of the deceased may recover lost earnings from the date of injury to the date of death and any medical or funeral expenses due. The estate may also recover the savings the deceased would have accumulated had they lived, provided the deceased had a spouse or children.
Our Biggest Successes
- $3 million settlement in a medical malpractice wrongful death lawsuit, in which medical professionals failed to diagnose and treat a 38-year-old father’s infection, causing his death.
- $1.6 million verdict awarded to a client who lost their loved one in a drunk driving accident.
- $1.4 million settlement after a truck driver was killed in a truck vs. truck collision where the defendant pulled from a driveway into his path of travel.
- $810,000 verdict after the failure to diagnose a 61-year-old man’s lung cancer.
Florida Wrongful Death Attorneys Can Help You Seek Justice
Suddenly losing a family member is never easy, especially when it could have been prevented. At Morgan & Morgan, our wrongful death attorneys are here to help families that have been devastated by the loss of a loved one due to another’s negligence.
If your family has lost someone in an auto accident, because of medical malpractice, due to work accidents, or another other unexpected and avoidable circumstance, we may be able to help. The consultation is free, and you won’t pay our attorneys a penny unless they win your case. Contact us today by filling out this case evaluation to learn more.