Dog Bite Attorney in West Palm Beach1700 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd., Suite 500
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
West Palm Beach Dog Bite Lawyer
Dog bites affect nearly 4.5 million people nationwide each year, according to the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), with over 800,000 dog bite victims having to seek medical attention for their injuries.
Thankfully, most states have laws to ensure dog bite and dog attack victims are compensated for damages. In fact, according to a report released by the Insurance Information Institute, dog-related injuries cost insurance companies a record $1.1 billion in 2022.
The West Palm Beach dog bite lawyers from Morgan & Morgan have successfully handled insurance claims and lawsuits on behalf of dog bite victims across the country. Contact us for a free case evaluation if you or someone you love was injured in a dog attack.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
How a West Palm Beach Dog Bite Lawyer Can Help
Regardless of the dog’s history, a dog's owner is strictly liable in Florida for any injury their dog causes. Therefore, West Palm Beach dog bite victims may be eligible to receive compensation for damages unless the victim was trespassing or was found to have provoked the dog.
Damages may include:
- medical bills
- loss of wages
- pain and suffering
- punitive damages
Common Injuries from Dog Bite
Dog bites can result in various injuries, from minor to severe.
Here are some examples of dog bite injuries that are most common:
- Puncture wounds: A puncture wound is a scar caused by a dog’s teeth breaking through the victim’s skin. A puncture wound can damage tendons, nerves, and even bone.
- Infections: A dog bite carries a serious risk of infection as bacteria is transferred from the dog’s mouth into the wound. A dog bite infection can require antibiotic treatment or hospitalization.
- Scars: Dog bites often physically scar the victim, sometimes permanently.
- Emotional trauma: In addition to physical scarring, dog bites can leave emotional scars as well. Many dog bite victims suffer from PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), leading to anxiety, flashbacks, and nightmares.
Morgan & Morgan: Your Trusted Dog Bite Lawyers
With 55,000+ five-star Google reviews, you can rest assured that you are in good hands with the West Palm Beach dog bite lawyers from Morgan & Morgan. Our expert team knows what it takes to protect your rights following an injury from a dog bite, and we stand ready to fight to get you the compensation you deserve, either through insurance claim negotiations or litigation.
Contact Morgan & Morgan for a no-obligation case evaluation.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews