Wrongful Death Attorney in Phoenix2355 East Camelback Road, Suite 335
Phoenix, AZ 85016
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Wrongful Death Attorney in Phoenix
We all have lost people we know or witnessed other people mourn their loved ones. So, when death strikes at the heart of the family, the grief that ensues after that is often indescribable.
That is where a Phoenix wrongful death lawyer from Morgan and Morgan comes in to handle the legal aspects as you pay your last respects to your loved one. Our attorney's goal is simple: to find out who is responsible for your loved one's death, hold them accountable, and ensure you get compensated.
Contact us to learn how we might be able to help.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
What Are Examples of Scenarios that Could Lead to Wrongful Death?
Wrongful death is an umbrella term for death caused by negligence. Here are examples of situations where negligence could contribute to a loved one's death and what they may entail:
- Motor vehicle accidents (car, motorcycle, truck)
- Workplace accidents (industrial, construction, occupational)
- Medical malpractice (surgical errors, misdiagnosis, medication errors)
- Product liability (defective products, dangerous pharmaceuticals, faulty machinery)
- Premises liability (slip and fall, inadequate security, building code violations)
- Dangerous conditions (hazardous materials, unsafe premises)
- Recreational accidents (sporting, amusement parks, water-related)
- Aviation accidents (plane crashes, helicopter accidents)
- Nursing home negligence (elder abuse, neglect)
- Intentional acts (homicide, assault causing death)
- Defective roadway design (poorly designed roads)
- Electrocution accidents (faulty wiring, electrical accidents)
- Exposure to toxic substances (chemical exposure)
The above are just examples but not a conclusive list of circumstances that could lead to wrongful death.
What Damages Can I Recover?
In Phoenix and throughout Arizona, survivors may be able to recover the following damages:
- Loss of financial support
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical costs (if the beloved succumbed to their injuries while receiving treatment)
- Pain and suffering of the deceased
- Loss of companionship
- Emotional distress.
- Compensation for the deceased's potential future income.
In cases where the defendant is judged to have an evil hand and evil mind, meaning they intended to injure the victim or acted in an extremely reckless manner, causing the victim's death, the plaintiffs may be awarded punitive damages.
What Is the Deadline for Filing a Wrongful Death Claim in Phoenix?
You only have two years from the date of the decedent's death to file a claim. Failure to observe this deadline could mean losing your right to pursue compensation for your loss.
What If I Cannot Afford an Attorney?
The death of a loved one is already difficult to deal with. The last thing we want is to burden you with financial expenses you were unprepared for. That's why we work on a contingency basis, meaning we only get paid if we win and secure a settlement or verdict.
Request a Free Case Review
One of the most important requirements in the journey for the compensation you deserve is to ensure you have legal grounds to file a claim or lawsuit. We can do that for you for free and with no obligations. Get in touch today to get started.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews