- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Car Accident Lawyer & Auto Injury Attorneys
- Commercial Semi Truck Accident Lawyers
- Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers
- Orthopedic Malpractice
- Pharmacy & Medication Errors Lawyers
- Chiropractor Malpractice Lawyers
- OBGYN Malpractice
- Psychiatric Malpractice Lawyers
- Surgical Errors
- Information about MRSA Infections
- Heres What to Know about Stroke Injuries
- Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Lawsuits
- Dental Implant Malpractice Lawyers
- How to Find a Dental Malpractice Lawyer
- What Are the Most Common Medical Malpractice Claims?
- What is the Average Settlement for a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
- Medical Malpractice Negligence Settlements - What You Need to Know
- Limitations on Medical Malpractice
- How to Hire the Best Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Can You Sue a Doctor After Surgery?
- Can You Sue for Nerve Damage After Surgery?
- What Do I Do If I Have Been Misdiagnosed?
- When Can I Sue for Getting Cancer?
- Can I Sue for Cerebral Palsy?
- Where Do I Go if I Have Been Misdiagnosed?
- What Should I Do if I Am Misdiagnosed With an Illness?
- What Is Considered Cancer Damage?
- What Are Some Examples of Famous Medical Malpractice Cases?
- What Is the Breast Implant Lawsuit Process?
- Can I Sue My Dentist for Pain and Suffering?
- Where Can I Find Hip Replacement Lawyers?
- What Is Considered Medical Malpractice?
- What Kind of Legal Action Is a Malpractice Suit?
- What Can I Expect From My Dental Negligence Lawsuit?
- Examples of Medical Malpractice Cases
- Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Malpractice Lawyers
- Dental Malpractice Attorneys
- Medical Malpractice—What is the Average Wrongful Death Settlement
- Medical Malpractice—How Settlements and Verdicts are Reached
- How To Find a Negligence Case Lawyer Near Me
- What Should I Do if My Surgeon Acts Negligently?
- How to Sue an Insurance Company for Negligence
- What Are the Four D’s of Medical Negligence?
- Can You Sue a Doctor for a Misdiagnosis?
- Is a Misdiagnosis Considered Malpractice?
- What Are Some Signs That You Need a Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
- What Should I Do if My Surgery is Postponed?
- What Is a Medical Negligence Statute?
- What Should I Do After Noticing Denture Adhesive Poisoning Symptoms?
- Can You Sue a Dentist for Breaking Your Tooth?
- Is Medical Malpractice a Tort?
- Can I Sue a Hospital for Negligence?
- What Is an Example of an Unintentional Tort in the Medical Field?
- Can You Sue a Doctor for Losing Your Medical Records?
- How Can I Apply for Disability?
- Do I Need a Lawyer for a Faulty Knee Replacement?
- Can I Sue for Faulty Foot Surgery?
- What Should I Do After a Faulty Surgery?
- What Should I Do if I Was Injured During My Surgery?
- What Is a Typical Medical Malpractice Injury Settlement Amount?
- How Long Does a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Take?
- How Common Are Misdiagnoses?
- What Is the Psychiatry Malpractice Process?
- Does My Insurance Protect Me Against Psychiatry Malpractice?
- Can You Sue for Neglect?
- What Are the Side Effects of an INFUSE Bone Graft?
- Can Doctors Be Sued for Negligence?
- Wrongful Death Lawyers
- How Are Wrongful Death Claims Calculated?
- Wrongful Death Statute of Limitations
- What Are the Laws Regarding Wrongful Death?
Wrongful Death Settlements
In life, there are many difficult and painful moments. That’s simply part of being human. It’s also true that there is no pain deeper or more lasting than the pain that comes with unexpectedly losing someone you love.
When you’ve experienced this kind of pain, you know that there is nothing that can truly take that pain away. While it is impossible to replace your loved one, you should know that if your loved one died as a result of an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation.
At Morgan & Morgan, we take pride in our hard-earned reputation as attorneys who provide our wrongful death clients with the blend of compassionate yet aggressive representation that they need, and who fight for our clients every step of the way. We understand the complex law that applies to wrongful death claims, and we know the best legal strategies to pursue on your behalf.
What is the Average Settlement?
One question that our clients often ask is, "What is the average settlement for a wrongful death claim?” Asking this question is understandable. After all, you have to decide if you are going to pursue a legal claim.
In the case of a wrongful death claim, the answer can ultimately depend on a variety of factors, and every case will be slightly different, depending upon the circumstances involved. Some of the factors that will affect settlement amounts include:
- The age and health of the deceased;
- The circumstances of the accident that caused your loved one’s death;
- Medical expenses incurred by your lost loved one;
- Funeral expenses;
- The financial support your loved one would likely have provided had they lived;
- Support around the home that the deceased would have provided had they lived;
- The cost of caring for any dependents of the deceased;
- And, most importantly, the knowledge and experience of the team of wrongful death attorneys that you choose to hire.
All of these factors will have an impact on your case, but the last factor is certainly worth careful consideration. Significant damages are often available in wrongful death claims, but to increase your chances of recovering the maximum amount of compensation available, you will need a legal team that knows and understands the law.
That's why you need Morgan & Morgan on your side.
Morgan & Morgan Is Here for You
If you have lost a loved one, you need space to grieve and time to heal. The last thing you need is to worry about how you will pay for your loved one’s past-due medical bills or whether unanticipated funeral expenses will cause you to go into debt. That’s why the dedicated and experienced team of wrongful death attorneys at Morgan & Morgan is here to help.
We understand the unique and terrible grief that families suffer when they lose a loved one unexpectedly to an accident that never should have happened. We are here to help you fight for the compensation you deserve so that you can move forward with the healing process and toward a better chapter ahead.
We would be honored to have the opportunity to speak with you and learn your story, and we encourage you to contact us soon for a free, no-risk case evaluation. We’ll let you know how we can help. Our team has recovered over $ 13 billion for clients just like you, and we would consider it a privilege to fight for you too.
Call us any time. We look forward to talking with you soon.