Michael Hanna is a partner at Morgan & Morgan and leads the firm’s Michigan office. He is a class action employment attorney who has litigated hundreds of federal claims and represented thousands of clients across the nation. His law practice focuses on the prosecution of discrimination and workplace harassment claims under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII) and 42 U.S.C. §§ 1981 and 1983; unpaid wage claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA); medical leave claims under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); disability discrimination claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); age discrimination claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA); and claims under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Mr. Hanna has served as lead counsel on many high profile cases that have been featured on The New Yorker, The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC, ABC Action News, Fox News, CBS News, AOL News, The Huffington Post, The Washington Times, The Detroit Free Press, The Detroit News, The Miami New Times, The Orlando Sentinel, The Associated Press, and various other national and local news syndicates.
Mr. Hanna is dedicated to eradicating illegal discrimination against people from all walks of life. He works hand in hand with various civil rights organizations on a national level. For this work, Mr. Hanna was honored to receive the 2015 ADC Pro Bono Attorney of the Year award. Mr. Hanna has also been selected by his peers as a Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Star in 2017 and in 2018, and Michigan Super Lawyers® Rising Star in 2019, an honor bestowed on less than 2.5% of lawyers in the state.
Mr. Hanna is admitted to the Bars of Michigan and Florida, as well as U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, Northern and Southern Districts of Illinois, Western District of Tennessee, Western District of Texas, Eastern District of Kentucky, Eastern District of Wisconsin, District of Colorado, and the U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th and 11th Circuit.
Mr. Hanna is committed to defending the rights of employees and those who are unlawfully discriminated against.
- Civil Rights
- Class Action
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Family Medical Leave
- Employment Litigation
- Overtime Law
- Minimum Wage
- Unpaid Wages/Commissions
- Workplace Harassment
- Whistleblower Complaints
- Wrongful Termination
- Daoust v. Maru Rest., LLC, 2019 WL 2866490 (E.D. Mich. July 3, 2019)
- Leverett v. Primestar Painting, Inc. et. al., 2018 WL 3013660 (E.D. Mich. June 14, 2018)
- Kutzback v. LMS Intellibound, LLC, 301 F. Supp. 3d 807 (W.D. Tenn. 2018)
- Adams v. Gilead Group, LLC, 280 F. Supp. 3d 1358 (M.D. Fla. 2017)
- Burdette v. Panola County, 2015 WL 1433462 (N.D. Miss. Mar. 31, 2015)
- Bnhassine v. Star Taxi, Inc., 2013 WL 3070871 (M.D. Fla. 2013)
- Simmons v. Mathis Tire & Auto Service, Inc., 2015 WL 5008220 (W.D. Tenn. Aug. 20, 2015)
- Khan v. U.S., 2015 WL 3644628 (S.D. Fla. June 10, 2015)
- Shadeh v. Glenn Buick-GMC Trucks, LLC, 2014 WL 6909049 (E.D. Ken. Dec. 9, 2014)
- Kidd v. Mathis Tire & Auto Service, Inc., 2014 WL 4923004 (W.D. Tenn. Sept. 18, 2014)
- Burdette v. Panola County, 83 F.Supp.3d 705 (N.D. Miss. 2015)
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association, Eastern District of Michigan Chapter
- Michigan Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- National Arabic-American Lawyers Association
- Michigan Association for Justice
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Wayne State University, B.S., magna cum laude