R. Edson Briggs, Jr. works in the First-Party Insurance Division at the Miami office of Morgan & Morgan, P.A. His practice consists of representing the people of South Florida and Southwest Florida when their insurance company wrongfully denies their claims for insurance coverage. This includes homeowners, automobile, and life insurance, as well as other forms of insurance claims.
Mr. Briggs received an A.B. in History with a Certificate in Latin American Studies from Princeton University in 1990. He then received his J.D. from the University of Florida College of Law in 1993, and an L.L.M. in Interamerican Law from the University of Miami School of Law in 2002. After graduating from law school and before entering private practice, Mr. Briggs served on active duty for four years as an officer in the U.S. Army Military Intelligence Branch with U.S. Southern Command in Panama. He was honorably discharged from active duty with the rank of Captain in 1997. Thereafter, Mr. Briggs has had extensive experience in civil commercial and insurance litigation including property damage, construction defects, personal injury, title insurance, real estate and banking disputes.
Mr. Briggs grew up in South Florida and has worked there during his entire career in private practice. Having studied in Spain and having lived and traveled extensively in Latin America for four years, Mr. Briggs is fully bilingual in English and Spanish. He is married with two sons, and enjoys running and triathlons in his spare time.
- Business Litigation
- Insurance Claims
- The Florida Bar, 1994
- Unites States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2002
- Unites States District Court for the Northern District of Florida, 2002
- Florida Bar
- Dade County Bar Association
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (CAMS)
- Attorney’s Title Insurance Fund, Associate Member
- Princeton University, A.B. in History/ Certificate in Latin American Studies, 1990
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 1993
- University of Miami College of Law, L.L.M., Interamerican Law, 2002