Laura Sidwell Maki is a personal injury attorney specializing in automobile accidents and premises liability cases. Prior to coming to Morgan & Morgan, she spent the majority of her career defending and trying personal injury cases for insurance companies, and worked for more than a decade as an in-house trial attorney for one of the largest insurance carriers in the country. During the course of her career, she has tried over 30 jury trials, and 35 bench trials. She now brings that knowledge and experience to Morgan & Morgan, for the benefit of her clients who have been injured through the negligence of others.
Ms. Maki graduated cum laude from the Cumberland School of Law in Birmingham, Alabama in 2004. She is a member of the Georgia, Alabama and Florida State Bars, as well as the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, and the Northern and Middle Districts of Alabama.
Laura Maki is also an active member of the Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section of the American Bar Association, where she has served as Chair of the CLE Board (2015-2017), Chair of the Automobile Law Committee (2014-2015) and Chair of the Staff Counsel Committee (2011-2012), served on numerous other Committees, and planned and moderated numerous CLE programs.
- Car Accidents
- Civil Trial Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Georgia Bar, 2011
- Florida Bar, 2005
- Alabama Bar, 2004
- American Bar Association, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama, 2004
- University of West Florida, B.A., Legal Administration, 1993
- University of West Florida, M.P.A., 1998
- Cumberland School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2004