Ms. Mills was born in Cocoa Beach, Florida spending her childhood up to her college years in Jacksonville, Florida. In 1994, she earned a Bachelor of Arts with Honors from the University of Florida, in Gainesville. Ms. Mills then earned her Juris Doctorate with Honors from the University of Florida in 1998.
Following law school, Ms. Mills began her legal career representing injured workers in Jacksonville, Florida. After this, she joined a regional defense firm in 2002 where she was a partner and represented a wide range of employers, carriers and servicing agents; she practiced for the defense bar for more than fourteen years. During this time Ms. Mills was a Medicare Set-Aside Consultant Certified (MSCC) and lectured for professionals to obtain continuing legal education credits from the Department of Insurance. Her workers’ compensation insurance defense background has proved invaluable in representing injured workers as it enables her to thoroughly analyze both sides of a workers’ compensation case. In 2016, Ms. Mills returned to representing injured workers. Ms. Mills has devoted her practice to protecting her client’s rights and pursuing their case goals.
- University of Florida 1994 BA with Honors
- University of Florida College of Law 1998 with Honors
- Florida Bar
- Workers’ Compensation Section
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Section E. Robert Williams American Inn of Court Jacksonville Justice Association
- Jacksonville Women Lawyer’s Association
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers