Joe Sandefur has been a trial lawyer for his entire career. Joe won his first multimillion dollar verdict at the age of 32 when he and Martin Stark took on Sherwin-Williams in Marion County, South Carolina. Joe had recently left one of the State’s largest insurance defense firms to partner with Martin and focus his practice on representing the injured against insurance companies and wrong-doers. The victory over Sherwin-Williams solidified Joe’s passion to help injured people and their families obtain the justice they deserve. Since then, Joe has resolved multiple cases for his clients exceeding one million dollars.
Joe is Martindale-Hubble AV Preeminent Rated, the highest rating available, and is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Joe began his legal career as a South Carolina prosecutor, prosecuting DUI and domestic abuse cases. Joe then practiced with a large insurance defense firm representing insureds and companies. Joe learned how insurance carriers valued claims and now uses that knowledge to maximize recoveries for his clients.
Joe is licensed to practice in South Carolina and Florida and is an active member in the South Carolina Association for Justice.
- J.D., Florida Coastal School of Law
- B.A., Rollins College
- South Carolina Association of Justice
Horry County Bar Association
- South Carolina 2006
- Florida 2006
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina
Awards and Recognitions
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys Top 10 Under 40
- Horry County Bar Past President
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association Trial Academy Graduate
- Martindale-Hubble – AV Rated
- South Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Star