Hans Kennon was born in Newark, New Jersey. Hans attended Stockton State College, getting his Bachelor’s degree in 1985. After a brief career in entertainment, he returned to school, and received his J.D. from St. Thomas University School of Law in 1995. He has practiced law with Morgan & Morgan since 2000, and handles a wide variety of insurance cases.
As a Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney, Mr. Kennon has achieved the highest level of recognition by the Florida Bar in the area of Civil Trial litigation. Less than 2 percent of all the attorneys practicing in the State of Florida have earned this distinction.
Mr. Kennon has also been honored with the prestigious “AV Preeminent” rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the paramount national publication in the legal field. This rating is based upon evaluations by other attorneys and judges and is the highest rating attainable by an attorney for legal ability and ethics in the practice of law. It is a distinction reserved for a select few in the legal community.
Admitted to the Florida Bar 1995, Florida and U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida; 1996, New Jersey; 11th Federal Circuit Court of Appeals 2004: United States Supreme Court 2005.
- "Take a Picture, It May Last Longer if Guggenheim Becomes the Law of
the Land: The Repatriation of Fine Art,"
- 8 St. Thomas L. Rev. 373, Winter 1996
- The Florida Bar
- Section on Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Stockton State College, B.A., with distinction, 1985
- St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 1995
- Recipient of American Jurisprudence Award for:
- Criminal Law
- Appellate Advocacy
- Advanced Legal Writing
- Florida Practice
- Corporate Finance
- Arts and Entertainment Law
- West Publishing Award for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement, 1992-1995
- Articles Editor, 1994-1995, St. Thomas Law Review
- Staff Member, 1993-1994, St. Thomas Law Review
|Rahman, Osman v. Florida Peninsula|
|Parham, Jill v. Thomas Enterprising dba My Safe Home|
|Koutsounbaris, Trian v. Nationwide|
|Schroeter v. Crown Auto Dealerships|
|Artistic Pool Design v. Viola and Viola|
|Environmental Biotech, Inc. v. Sibbitt|
Rahman, Osman v. Florida Peninsula
Parham, Jill v. Thomas Enterprising dba My Safe Home
Koutsounbaris, Trian v. Nationwide