Frank Kerney III grew up in central New Jersey before moving to Florida to attend the University of South Florida. After graduation, Mr. Kerney attended Stetson University College of Law where he was inducted into the law school’s honors fraternity and awarded the William F. Blews pro bono service award at graduation. Following law school, Mr. Kerney accepted a position with a firm in Tampa where he handled divorce and child custody cases. Since joining Morgan & Morgan in 2015 Frank has represented clients in consumer law cases across the nation, with a focus on the Fair Credit Reporting Act and state and federal debt collection laws. In 2019 Frank was part of the team that recovered the largest individual Telephone Consumer Protection Act award in the country: $459,000 for a consumer that was harassed with over 300 illegal robo-calls from a debt collector.
Frank has been named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers magazine every year since 2016. Only the top 2.5% of lawyers in each state receive this award. In 2020, Frank was named a Top Attorney Under 40 by Law360, and was one of only two Plaintiff’s lawyers to be included in that list.
- Debt Collection Harassment
- Inaccurate Credit Reporting (FCRA)
Ammons v. Ally Financial (2018): Awarding summary judgment to Plaintiff on several issues, including the use of an automatic telephone dialing system and revocation of consent in the presence of a contract.
Summers v. Conn Appliances Inc. (2018): Arbitration award of $311,000 after Claimant received over 400 calls in violation of the TCPA.
Roberts v. PennyMac Loan Services LLC (2017): Case of first impression recognizing the availability of oral revocation under the TCPA.
- Northern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- Eastern District of Arkansas
- Middle District of Georgia
- Northern District of Georgia
- Southern District of Indiana
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Western District of Kentucky
- Northern District of Mississippi
- Eastern District of Mississippi
- Southern District of Mississippi
- Middle District of Tennessee
- Western District of Tennessee
- Western District of Wisconsin
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- University of South Florida – 2007 (B.A. Political Science);
- Stetson University College of Law – 2010 (J.D.)
|Veronica Davis v. Conn Appliances, Inc.
|Williams v. Conn Appliances
Veronica Davis v. Conn Appliances, Inc.
Williams v. Conn Appliances
In The Media