Evan H. Frederick is a partner in the Morgan & Morgan Business Trial Group, West Palm Beach office. He has successfully recovered tens of millions of dollars for individuals and businesses in complex business litigation and securities arbitration matters.
Mr. Frederick’s contingency fee-only practice centers on representing the “little guy,” driven by the core principle that each client should have their day in Court regardless of how deep their pockets are. He regularly handles business litigation matters throughout state and federal courts in Florida, including, among others, contract disputes, business torts, partner disputes, professional negligence, and theft of trade secrets. Mr. Frederick has also helped hundreds of investors in FINRA arbitration recover their investment losses caused by brokerage firms and financial advisors’ mismanagement and unsuitable recommendations.
In 2014, 2017, and 2018, Mr. Frederick was named a “Rising Star” in Business Litigation by Florida Super Lawyers magazine – an annual publication that recognizes the top 2.5 percent of the state’s lawyers under the age of 40. He is also active in the local community, including serving on several committees for the Palm Beach County Bar Association and Florida Bar and participating in the Leadership West Palm Beach program.
Mr. Frederick received his J.D. and M.B.A. degrees from Florida State University. He received his undergraduate degree from Saint Louis University, Magna Cum Laude, in finance, where he also was a two-time NCAA All-American Golfer and a semi-finalist at the 2004 U.S. Amateur Public Links Championship. In February 2011, he was inducted into the Saint Louis University Athletics Hall of Fame for golf.
- Business Tort Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Contract Litigation
- Professional Malpractice
- Real Estate Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Obtained confidential, seven-figure settlement for real estate developer against national design company for professional negligence.
- Obtained confidential, seven-figure settlement for client of major law firm for legal malpractice. Obtained confidential, seven-figure settlement for elderly investor against his brokerage firm for mismanaging the investment portfolio.
- Obtained several, $250,000+ settlements of shareholder disputes involving minority owners of businesses being squeezed out by majority owners.
- Obtained confidential, $200,000+ settlement for former partner of a multi-national accounting firm for claim of unpaid severance.
- Obtained several, six-figure settlements for breaches of promissory notes, employment contracts, and partnership agreements.
- Obtained confidential settlement of claims for misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of a non-disclosure agreement against multi-national public corporation.
- Florida Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Executive Board, Young Lawyers Section
- Judicial Relations Committee
- Securities Law CLE Committee
- Federal Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Chapter
- Leadership West Palm Beach
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- "Does a 'Finder' of Corporate Financing Need to Register Under the Securities Laws to be Compensated?" Palm Beach County Bar Bulletin, December 2011
- "Minority Owner Rights in a Closely Held Company" Palm Beach County Bar Bulletin, April 2013
- Florida State University, College of Law, J.D.
- Book Award for Federal Securities Litigation
- Florida State University, College of Business, M.B.A.
- Saint Louis University, B.S., Magna Cum Laude
- President’s Honor Roll and Dean’s List
- Member, NCAA Division One Golf Team
- Male Student-Athlete of the Year for Outstanding Achievement in Athletics, Academics and Community Service
- Member, Student Athletic Advisory Board
- Cleveland Golf All-American (2x)
- Ranked as high as #2 nationally for collegiate golfers by Golfweek Magazine
- Semi-finalist, United States Golf Association U.S. Amateur Public Links Championship
- Member, Saint Louis University Athletics Hall of Fame
|Anne C. Grey v. Sterne, Agee & Leach, Inc.||Securities Arbitration & FINRA Attorneys|
Anne C. Grey v. Sterne, Agee & Leach, Inc.