Andrew (“Drew”) Parker Felix has national litigation experience and a hands-on approach that benefits various clientele. Based in Orlando, where he is a member of the Litigation Practice Group, he handles disputes for individuals throughout Florida and California.
Mr. Felix is adept at handling a wide variety of matters. He is experienced in issues involving products liability, personal injury, white-collar criminal defense and internet gaming law. He has also participated in individual tobacco litigation cases and had extensive involvement in Fen-Phen pharmaceutical litigation.
Mr. Felix previously worked with a prestigious statewide law firm and was a founding member of that firm’s Tampa office. While there, his practice concentrated on the areas of personal injury defense and complex commercial litigation. He also served as outside assistant general counsel for a large Florida-based automotive service provider and handled all of its litigation nationwide, including but not limited to “rollover” cases. Additionally, Mr. Felix represented a leading pharmaceutical care company in connection with criminal and civil investigations by multiple United States Attorneys Offices and state attorney generals concerning allegations of healthcare fraud. He is well-versed in the Florida Deceptive Unfair Trade Practices Act (FDUTPA) and was instrumental in negotiating an amicable settlement in a highly-publicized recent defamation case.
Aside from his litigation focus, Mr. Felix is also a certified athlete agent and handles matters for his clients in the entertainment arena.
- Representation of individuals in a wide variety of complex matters, including products liability, personal injury, commercial litigation/entertainment litigation, defamation and libel law, and civil theft.
- Representation of consumers catastrophically injured by defective vehicle air bags—manufactured by Takata.
- Representation of corporate client in multi-million dollar litigation against global office supply retailer for breach of contract; the claim is pending in federal bankruptcy court.
- Representation of property owner in $60 million environmental matter involving discharge of hazardous pollutants into groundwater and adjoining land.
- Investigation of multi-million dollar litigation claim against Costa Rican government under the Dominican Republic – Central America Free Trade Agreement.
- Serving as the Firm’s lead counsel in initiative to modify Florida law regarding the allowable scope of expert witness discovery.
- Amicable resolution of protracted multi-million dollar entertainment litigation matter for principal actor’s role in major international motion picture.
- Successful negotiation with a pay cable network for sale of a television pilot work, on behalf of author.
Commercial litigation and other experience includes:
- Secured settlement in defamation lawsuit against one of the country’s largest newspapers on behalf of an entertainment industry client.
- Negotiated multi-year TV commentating agreement for prominent sports personality with a pay-cable network; also negotiated commentating deal for a major international sporting event.
- Negotiated favorable outcome with multiple U.S. Attorney’s Offices in global securities and tax fraud matter on behalf of investors.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Florida, B.S., Finance, Minor in Economics
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- The California Bar
- National Trial Lawyers of America: Top 40 Under 40, 2013
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Stars 2010 (recognizes attorneys considered as up-and-comers in their field)
- Book Award; Highest Grade in Banking Law
- National Trial Lawyers of America: Top 40 Under 40, 2012
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Hillsborough, St. Petersburg and Orange County Bar Associations, Young Lawyers Division
- Florida Citrus Sports
- Central Florida Transportation Task Force, Board Member
- Board Member, 1Voice Foundation; Uniting families battling pediatric cancer