TYPES OF WORKERS COMPENSATION INSURANCE
Workers Compensation Insurance
An injury on the job can be a lot to manage. In addition to costly medical bills, you might be unable to return to work and earn badly needed income. Workers’ compensation insurance is designed to help. This state-mandated program protects workers by providing them benefits if they get hurt or sick on the job. Here we break down the different types of workers’ compensation insurance and how a Morgan & Morgan attorney can help you secure the benefits you deserve.
What Are the Types of Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
Although laws vary from one state to the next, workers’ compensation benefits typically fall into four categories:
- Medical: Injured employees may receive coverage for various medical expenses, including doctor visits, prescription medications, hospital care, and physical therapy.
- Disability: Workers may receive partial replacement of lost income if they are unable to perform their job duties due to injury or illness. Disability can be temporary or permanent, partial or total.
- Rehabilitation: Employees who are unable to return to their job may receive vocational training to learn a new skill.
- Death: If a worker is killed in a work-related accident, his or her spouse, minor children, and other dependents may receive financial assistance.
How Can a Workers’ Compensation Attorney Help?
In the event that you suffer a work-related injury or illness, you may be entitled to benefits under workers’ compensation law. However, your employer or their insurance provider might try to deny your claim, regardless if it’s legitimate. For this reason, it’s important to hire a dedicated workers’ compensation attorney to guide you through each step of the process. A Morgan & Morgan attorney will:
- Negotiate and communicate with the insurance provider
- Collect medical evidence in support of your claim
- Negotiate a favorable settlement
- Expertly represent you at your hearing
- Appeal a claim that’s been denied
Talk to a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Morgan & Morgan’s workers’ compensation attorneys fight to protect the rights of workplace injury victims. If you were injured or became ill due to a work-related incident, don’t hesitate to contact one of our highly skilled lawyers. To get started, schedule a free legal case evaluation now.