- $13 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Melbourne Slip & Fall
Owning or renting property in Melbourne is a significant responsibility, especially when that property is open to guests or the public. Neglecting that responsibility can lead to adverse conditions, making the property unsafe. The results can be devastating. A simple fall on a wet spot or icy patch of a parking lot can end up meaning thousands of dollars in medical bills, missed work, and possibly even permanent medical conditions and pain.
Highlighted Slip & Fall: Broken/Uneven Stairs
A viral video from a New York subway station proved that uneven stairwells are incredibly deceiving and dangerous. In the video, one stair was half an inch higher than the rest and person after person could be seen tripping and falling down. While this video became a sensation and was often viewed as humorous, this type of inconsistency can lead to serious head injuries, fractured bones, and other serious injuries.
Uneven steps aren’t the only stairwell-related injury that proves negligence by a property owner. Other risks involving stairwells include:
- Broken steps
- Objects on stairs
- Faulty handrails
- Poorly lit stairwells.
Regardless of if the stairs are leading to a building’s entrance or are inside, negligent maintenance of stairwells creates a dangerous environment that may lead to serious injuries. If you or a loved one were injured due to a fall on the stairs, fill out our online form for a free, no obligation case review.
The “Attractive Nuisance Doctrine”
Trespassing children who are injured on another’s property have the right to receive compensation under the “attractive nuisance doctrine,” which is followed in Florida. This rule determines that a property occupier may be liable for an injury to a trespassing child if:
- The occupier knew or should have known, that children were likely to be present near the property;
- The occupier knew or should have known that there was a condition on the property that could cause harm to those children;
- The occupier fails to take reasonable steps to alleviate that danger and a child is injured as a result.
Other Brevard County Communities We Serve:
- Cape Canaveral
- Palm Bay
- Satellite Beach
- And all other surrounding Brevard County communities.