Health & Living
What to Look For In A Doctor
It's important that you choose a doctor that is right for you.
Here are the most important things to look for in a doctor. Ensure that he/she:
- Is rated to give quality care.
- Has the training and background that meets your needs.
- Takes steps to prevent illness (e.g., talks to you about quitting smoking).
- Has status at the hospital of your choice.
- Is part of your health plan unless you can you afford to pay extra.
- Encourages you to ask questions.
- Listens to you.
- Explains things clearly.
- Treats you with respect.